Coffee is a way to begin a day for many. A coffee maker is an appliance that brews coffee and makes making coffee simple. They are popularly known as coffee machines too. Coffee makers are one of the most commonly used household items. Coffee grounds are placed in a filter made of paper or metal inside a funnel set on a ceramic or glass coffee pot. The cold water poured in the separate chamber is then boiled and allowed into the funnel. The above is most prevalent process in most of the coffee makers.
Best coffee maker is one, which is affordable, involves simple brewing process, and makes coffee fast if not instantly. It is equipped with all standard fittings and need very little or no maintenance.
Ultimate Coffee Makers Guide
|Cuisinart 14-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker||$$||4.4|
|Hamilton Beach Single Serve Coffee Brewer||$$||4.4|
|Keurig K350 2.0 Brewing System||$$||4.2|
|Melitta 10-Cup Coffee Maker||$$||4.2|
|Bonavita 8-Cup Carafe Coffee Brewer||$$||4.2|
Types of Coffee Makers
Coffee makers are differentiated according to the brewing principles followed by them. Depending on the frequency of usability of the coffee makers, the number of people using it and what all options do one expects in it defines the type of coffee maker. The following are most popular types among them.
- Portable coffee makers: This type, as the name suggests, is very portable and easy to carry. Moreover, they are available in various shapes and designs to select from suiting one’s budget. They are convenient to handle. Usually of under a foot height, they can be carried along wherever due to their compact design. They are not capable of brewing large quantities of coffee. However, they do look stylish and can be tucked into a travel bag with ease.
- Sunbeam coffee makers: Basically, an American brand Sunbeam is famous for its electric home appliances. Sunbeam coffee makers are available in a varied range as well as capacities to choose. In addition to the range, these coffeemakers have several smart features like auto shut off. With this feature, one does not need to worry about leaving the coffeemaker on and starting a fire. For those who are busy and forgetful this feature is a boon. Sunbeam coffee makers are known for their innovative designs and reliability. They are portable, sleek and very energy efficient. To top all these, the quality of brew is unmatched.
- Travel coffee makers: These coffee makers are suitable for people who travel frequently. They are small enough to fit into any travel bag along with some coffee pods. It comes with a thermal cup and brews coffee right into it eliminating the need to carry a cup separately. The most preferred ones are dual voltage coffee makers that are designed for travel, and use K-cups. They are easy to pack and tuck in a couple of bags of coffee. Most of these come with an auto shutoff feature.
- Commercial coffee makers: Commercial coffee makers are used at parties, bars, shops, offices and restaurants. They are large. Made of stainless steel to cope up with its regular and heavy usage they are available with international electrical configurations. Almost all of these are completely portable and require no plumbing work at all. All one needs to do is to pour cold water from the top and coffee starts brewing instantly. Quality of the brew however is average. Brew speed varies from cup-a-minute to a little more.
Advantages of Using Coffee Makers
The main work of a coffee maker is to make coffee making simple. Apart from that, there are several advantages of using them. Though there are several types, the advantages of using any of them are almost the same. Some of these advantages are as under.
- The process of coffee making is simplified with the use of coffee makers. Anyone can make coffee easily by using them.
- It can prepare huge quantity of coffee at a time. This saves time and eases the burden.
- It can store huge quantity of coffee in it and keep it hot for longer durations.
- Portable coffee makers are trendy and make coffee available even on the move.
- Due to large storage, capacity in commercial coffee makers boiled water can be stored easily and can be used when needed.
- The sleek design enables easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Good taste of brew.
- It is available in various colors, designs and in all budgets. There is one for everyone.
- It saves a lot of time. A full pot of coffee gets ready in less than 5 minutes.
- The sleek and attractive designing of coffee makers make them adorable.
In addition to the above, there are several other advantages of using these makers. Some of them are equipped with additional features as they can make various type of coffees with a single machine, they have automatic shutoff feature etc.
Five Best Coffee Making Machine Reviews
There are many companies engaged in manufacturing coffee machines. Most of them are of inferior quality. Some are good look wise but fall flat when it comes to performance while others are bad on both fronts. The following are some reviews of best coffee making machines
Mr. Coffee 12-cup Programmable machine
Mr. Coffee 12-cup Programmable machine is one of the best coffee machines of the world. It was seen in the hit film Apollo-13 which was released back in 1970. Such is the quality of this coffee maker that it was on the top spot in the 70s and it is on the top now as well. It is one of the best products manufactured by Sunbeam group. It consists of customized filters as well as paper filter.
KRUPS Programmable Coffee Maker
KRUPS Programmable Coffee Maker is known to be equipped with highest power output among its all other commercial coffeemaker contemporaries. Its easy to use and programmable interface automates almost everything. It also has the automatic shut off feature in it. However, on a lighter note there is no alarm feature in it.
Cuisinart Automatic Brew and Serve
Cuisinart Automatic Brew and Serve is known as one of the pioneers in the industry when it comes to best coffee makers. Recipient of several prestigious awards for its sleek Eco-friendly design, Cuisinart Automatic Brew and Serve is a fully automatic machine. It boasts of double insulated stainless steel carafe for increased convenience and functionality. Its 4-paper filter ensures enhanced brewing and its patented pour-through lid makes it easy to serve coffee.
Zojirushi Fresh Brew
Zojirushi Fresh Brew originates from Osaka, Japan. It is known for its super design and precision engineering. It uses a stainless thermal carafe and maintains appropriate temperature when coffee is on glass carafe. Use of unique mesh type filters ensures that there is no burn-taste in the coffee preserving the natural appearance of the coffee blends.
Delonghi 12-cup Drip Coffee Maker
Delonghi 12-cup Drip Coffee Maker brews 12-cup Glass carafe. There is no water filter in it, which makes brewing coffee much easier. Use of metal mesh gold tone filter increases the functionality. It is convenient enough to store in kitchen cupboards.
Things to Check while buying Best Rated Coffee Makers
There are certain things that one must keep in mind while buying best rated coffee makers. One must not go by the tall claims made by the company on its advertisement board. Instead, one should make a careful study of the reviews of different products available in the market, compare them and then conclude. The following are the main points that should be borne in mind while buying best rated coffee makers:
- Firstly, the basic features needs to be seen. This includes the exact capacity of the coffeemaker and its compatibility to the buyer’s needs.
- Basic features also include the filters. One should identify what type of filter is suitable for him like whether he want a glass coffee pot or an insulated carafe. Choosing a maker with water filter will enhance the taste of the coffee.
- Once the basic features are finalized the convenience features need to be addressed. There are several features like pause brew option, alert functions etc. These are additional facilities for one’s own ease and safety.
- Taste of the brew and the quality of the coffee needs to be ascertained. If the taste is bad, there is no point in wasting money.
- Price of the coffee machine is another factor that should be kept in mind beforehand. Every person has different needs and wants different products. One should be clear as to how much amount is he willing to pay for a coffee machine of his choice.
- Last but not the least the credibility as well as reliability of the company from whom the product will be purchased should be studied. The company with proven record of accomplishment and good after sales service should be given top priority even though it may be a bit costlier.
Coffee makers like all other home appliances are frequently used. It is therefore recommended to go for a branded one rather than buying a cheap local inferior product. Branded machines are the trusted ones and they come with a limited warranty too. Secondly, from the safety point of view too, branded items are always considered the best.